Requirements for Graduation
A student becomes a candidate to graduate as soon as all of the following requirements have been met:
- All graduate course work has been completed according to the program requirements.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better has been maintained by the end of the program.
- The online Intent to Graduate Application Form has been submitted.
- The student’s degree plan conforms to the FGSBS academic expectations and program requirements.
- The gradiation fee is paid.
GPA Requirement for Graduation
The minimum requirement for graduation is a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all courses taken for graduate credit. No final grade assigned for a graduatelevel course may be raised unless an error has been made.
Semester of Graduation or Program Completion
Academic degrees and certificates of completion are awarded in May. Every candidate for a graduate degree or certificate of completion must be registered in the Spring semester with the FGSBS. Failure to graduate at the expected time requires additional registrations, as necessary, until the completion of program requirements.
Students seeking advanced degrees are expected to graduate within a specified period of time. FGSBS students whose graduate study is interrupted by military service are granted an extension for the period of their military duty (not to exceed 5 years). Per reporting guidelines from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), students seeking master’s degrees are expected to graduate within 5 years.
- Any student who does not complete all requirements for graduate or completion of program within the time limit will be dismissed.
Intent to Graduate Application Form
Candidates for graduation must submit an intent to graduate application form at the beginning of the semester of intended graduation. No candidate’s name will be placed on a tentative list for graduation unless the intent to graduate application has been submitted by the specified deadline.
- Any candidate who fails to graduate at the expected time is required to submit a new intent to graduate application form for any subsequent intended graduation dates.
Early in the semester of graduation, candidates for graduation must pay a one-time non-refundable $75 graduation fee to cover the cost of printing the diploma.
- If the candidate for graduation does not graduate in the semester in which the fee was paid the graduation fee must be paid again for any subsequent intended graduation dates.